Here's 6 things you need to know about the People Plan for social care:
1) It's a result of a 3 month consultation with care managers, providers, leaders and frontline staff by the Institute of Health and Social Care Management and Social Care Innovators people plan sub-committe.
2) The people plan sub-committe formed in August 2021 and the consultation ran through to the end of November 2021.
3) It's to help support and encourage development, it's keen to highlight the importance of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as well as to move towards being greener, and having more environmentally substainable models of care delivery.
4) Health and Social care Levy announced that in September 2021 aims to raise £36 billion over three years but only approximately £5.4 billion will be for social care itself of which £500 million has been ringfenced for professional development of care staff investment providers.
With fees and funding in social care, in the Kings Fund 2021 report assesment reported that local authorities paid below the substainable rates for care home placements for adults aged 65 and over.
5)Their hope is for this plan to act as an olive branch between the sector and the government to work together to address the reccomendations made to build a better and brighter future for social care and its work force.
6) Now the People Plan is published their soical care innovators people plan sub-communittee will meet regularly to discuss future recommendations for revisions of this plan as well as identifying other areas of the work force that requires consideration and support.
An ongoing survey will be available to provide feedback:
Thank you for reading, please remember to sign up to our newsletter for updates and I hope you have a great day!